Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Blogger Question

This is just a sweet picture for you so I am not just writing a post and asking a question..

OpenID LiveJournal WordPress TypePad AOL


These are the three things you can chose form when you comment here.

Except for Anonymous, I am not sure what the others mean.

But, my question is about the anonymous.

I get a lot of anon. comments.
Nothing disgusting, but nothing I would pass on either.
They are lists of URLs for other sites. I have never opened them to see what they are, but I'm pretty sure I am not interested in them.

So, how do I make my blog so they cannot leave a comment??
I do not want to miss anyone's comment who sincerely wants to say something, but these anon. comments are getting to be a bother.

I do not really like word verification, but is that what I need to do?

Thanks for any help you can give.

blessings

barbara jean

FOLLOW UP Several people suggested ideas for how to stop hte anon I did not want.
Pleae check the comments to see if any will help you.

I did change my setting on here to registered people only.
I hope that does not keep anyone from being able to leave a comment who is really visiting here, and not just spamming me.

Thanks everyone!!


6 comments:

Raspberries and Rose Petals said...

I have the word verification on my blog and haven't received any of those kind of comments. As a blogger, I don't mind filling in the verification ~ mainly cuz I understand that it helps keep spammers out. I don't really see it as any kind of inconvenience.

My 2 pennies! :) For what it's worth!

Warmly,
Lori

Robin said...

Hi Barbara Jean! I recently got bombarded with anonymous comments that were for things not related to my blog. I had word verification on and that didn't stop them, so then I turned on comment moderation and still I would get emails with their comments for publication...which I didn't do. So finally, I went into blogger settings and selected under comments that only registered users can comment. That seems to have stopped them for now. Hope this info helps!

Take Care - Robin

From the Old InkWell said...

Hi Barbara Jean, at your dashboard, go to settings, then comments tab. There is a question that asked you to specify who can leave you a comment. Just pick the one you choose. Hope this helps!

Crafty Sisters said...

Hi! I changed ours to registered users only without having to add the word verification. I think it works. ~goodluck!

Claudia said...

I know you can go into your settings for comments and indicate that you don't want any anonymous comments.

Good luck.

xo
Claudia

Anonymous said...

Barb, I have the word verification and moderated comments too. The ones that GET me are the ones where if you click on the person's name expecting to find their blog but instead it takes you to a wrestling site or an advertisement! Ugh. I delete those comments because I don't want my followers to click on those and get spyware or just waste their time. It takes time for me to do this, but easy with the click of a mouse to make them disappear.
Hope this helps!