Tuesday, March 30, 2010

White Delights, Big Projects, and Bloggy Braggin'




Here are some whites from a big garage sale on Saturday.

I love this marble cross.



I bought two of these children's garden chairs.
Paid too much, but just had to have them.
They will look so cute at the store.
(these are sold)


And here is another chair.
White doll chair.
Already shabbied up!



Here's a stack of lovely white table linens.
Can never have enough of those,
especially when you are fluffing them around displays.


Here are some pretty white outdoor flowers.
More and more flowers and trees blooming here now.








More White Wednesday and
Braggin' on a Blog Buddy.


Here is another wonderful shoe nest done with my Vintage Baby Shoe tutorial ideas.

This one is by Tammy @ Decorating My Life.

Didn't she do a great job?

Be sure to go on over and check out her blog. Lots of sweetness there.

Here is a little red for you...


The next time you see these you will not recognize them.
(they will be posted on Pink Saturday if that gives you any clues.)

And what am I workin' on ya' say?
Here is a peek.

Here is one corner of my workroom.




After 26 years of teaching painting, (14 at this location) I am cleaning out.
We are totally changing my class/work room around at the store.
Purging, and it feels sooo good!

After we moved everything in this corner....

This is what we found.
Yep, you got it... a big leaky mess. The shelves, carpet, all wet. The door behind the shelves has been leaking and we did not know it. So, we are in the process of drying things out and seeing what the damage is.
Have you ever noticed that your project always turns into more than you expected?
Care to share any with us?

And here is another project:
These black shelves just have to go! These are really heavy, duty shelf units and I would just like to paint them, but, they are high gloss black paint.

SO, you furniture painters out here, I want them shabby white. What is the fastest, easiest, cheapest way to do it? (short of a miracle that is.)

You can click to enlarge and on the right side see what they are..
(The shutters are just screwed in as a shelf.)

Thanks for coming by, and for all your words of encouragement.

I'm joining these wonderful blogs for this weeks events.
Please go take a look around and see all the other projects.
Thanks to our wonderful and committed hostesses!

blessings


barbara jean

image146



Whatcha Working On Wednesdays






25 comments:

Vicki Boster said...

Love all the whites - epcecially the children's chairs. Bet you do something really creative with those matches---. So wonderful to be seeing spring flowers now! Thanks Barbara for sharing--

Vicki

Dorthe said...

So very wonderfull finds, I love everything.
And congratulations with working on a whole new studio, I`m sure it will be a dream.
Wishing you a lovely easter barbara Jean.
Hugs Dorthe

Carol Mae said...

Hi Barbara, Love all your finds and I really like the baby shoe, I've been looking for one for over 6 months now, I know they are out there somewhere? Wonderful blog. Many Smiles, Carol Mae

SueLovesCherries said...

Hi Barb! I'm so glad that you combine your Whites and Reds each week - but, just as glad that it's not a washing machine, then we'd have to wait until Saturday to see Pinks! LOL!

Those two little chairs are just dalring! I hope your water damage is less than minimal!

SueLovesCherries said...

Well, isn't that interesting - I typed a comment, sent it, and it never showed up! Did you do that on purpose so I'd come back and look at all your lovely photos? :)

I'm so glad you combine your Whites and Reds each week, and just as glad that they don't run into each other for Pink Saturday! LOL!

Those little chairs are just so darling! And I'm so happy to see those pretty flowers - I still have only crocuses in my yard. I hope your wet spot is less than minimal damage!

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Sweet little reds and the whites are just lovely. I know I've seen things like your shelves painted, but I can't remember where. I'm pretty sure they used a heavy duty primer, like KILZ and then painted them. I just remembered where - it was in an issued of Better Homes and Gardens DO IT YOURSELF magazine. I think it was last summer or spring. It was an issued that told you how to paint anything. You might try the BH&G archives. Good luck!

★Carol★ said...

Oh no! What are you going to do with those fabulous red, white and blue matchboxes?!! Are those vintage? If not, can you please tell me where you bought them? They would look so cute in my 4th of July decorations!
Another darling baby shoe nest! And those metal chairs are so dreamy that whatever you paid, it's worth it!
Happy REDnesday and Happy Easter!
Carol

Mary Beth @ Live. Laugh. Make Something said...

absolutely delightful! I just love your chairs! ...and that little baby shoe is precious! Happy, Happy Easter Whites to you...

Lululiz said...

Great garage sale finds, love the little white doll's chair especially.

Miss Gracie's House said...

Fun finds ...the chairs are darling...as far as the cabinet...what I do is sand to de-gloss and then oil-base prime...you want the next layer of paint to stick! No way around it...it's a lot of work:)
Happy Resurrection Sunday!
Rene'

Dandelion Acre said...

Superb finds! They are all so lovely! I love when you can find a good sale. The match boxes are very cute! I can't wait to see what you do with them! ~ Dandelion Acre Farmgal

Beansieleigh said...

Oh my word, Barbara Jean! You certainly have your hands full with things to do!.. and yes, often times a project will take twice as long than I expected... either because I don't have the help, or the proper tools.. or I must admit often I'll do things in a HURRY! BIG mistake! I often feel like the poster child for the saying "Haste makes waste"!! Good luck with everything anyways!.. LOVE your beautiful marble cross! Happy Rednesday to you! ~tina

Faded Charm said...

That baby shoe nest is so adorable. Good luck with cleaning out your studio and hope the sun is shining for you today.

~Happy WW~

Kathleen

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

The baby shoe nest is so precious! What a wonderful idea!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Love your post!! I adore those cute little chairs!
Debbie

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Cute whites and reds!! Love the children's chairs!!
Debbie

Miss Gracie's House said...

Yes, use them!
rene'

ClassyChassy said...

You are so busy all the time, aren't you, Barb? Fun to see your stuff, and wonder what will be coming next! I've been posting a couple of my projects too - new things for my etsy shop! Check out my "Tweet" purse!

sherri@lavenderfields said...

Love all the shabby furniture! I never get tired of it! Hope you have a great Outdoor Wednesday and have a wonderful Easter weekend! Sherri : )

Sandi said...

I love those childrens chairs! I saw some just like those or very close with a little table and it was only $26 for the set. I am kicking myself for not buying them!! Happy WW and good luck on your repainting and your water damage.
Blessings~

Dandelion Acre said...

I really like the vintage linens!

the old white house said...

So many great whites! The childrens garden chairs are so sweet, oh my goodness! Ok the baby shoe nest... sooooo cute! Thank you for sharing! Happy WW, Theresa

Lisa said...

Barb you are so busy you make me tired! hehe I love looking at all your goodies you share!!
Hugs, Lisa

Raspberries and Rose Petals said...

Barbara, that cross is just beautiful! You found some great stuff on Saturday! I can't wait for "rummage" season to start around here...

Where do you find your match boxes? I've looked in a couple different places and cannot find any!

You know what...I really love how the black shelves draw out your shabby white treasures! Probably not what you're looking for! Your best bet is to prime with a high quality primer - maybe a couple coats - before doing the paint. Rebecca at A Gathering of Thoughts recommends Behr Cottage White Paint and ZINSSER PRIMER. She sells painted furniture (http://rebecca-gatheryeroses.blogspot.com/). Hope that helps!

Good luck with the drying process of your project! Hopefully no major damage!

~~~Warm Blog Hugs~~~
Lori

Anonymous said...

Always love seeing what you are up to! Lovely photos today!!
What do you do with all the matches in those boxes? I am so thrifty I don't think I could just throw them away- I am thinking you have come u with some wonderful way to use them!

bee blessed
mary