Friday, March 12, 2010

Little Pink Ballerina, and Some Springy Nests

Our little pink ballerina,
5 year old granddaughter, Ava.

Getting Ready for class.

Foot placement is very important.

Some are more ready than others.


And this sweet girl is ready!! =)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Craft day at Grandmas.

The girls love coming to the store with me.
There is a room full of craft supplies to play with.

Ava chose this little cupboard to paint.
It's about 5" tall.
She's painting it pink, of course!

Then she chose some miniatures to put in it.
I made these when our daughter went off to college,
years ago!!
Those little wire glasses are less
than 1" wide.
The buttons are little beads on a half inch card,
and the embroidery floss is real thread,
less than 1" long.


She was having so much fun.
When she finishes her little sewing cupboard next week,
I'll show it to you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here are a couple of Springy nests for you.

I Love this color.
Will post info about it and the how to's soon.


A flower pot nest...

In the same color.
Thanks for joining me today.

And thanks to our special hostess :

Donna
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
And Beverly



Free Signature Generator

Free Signature Generator

22 comments:

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Barbara Jean,
Your Grand daughter is so cute! And to share crafting with her! How lovely!
Debbie

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Lovely grand daughter. very sweet. Love the nest and the color is beautiful on the frame. I like what you did!
Very nice post.
blessings,
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Barb, you are helping to create beautiful memories for your granddaughters that they'll always cherish.
Blessings,
Diane

Claudia said...

Your granddaughter is just adorable! How nice that you two can share some crafting together. Happy Pink Saturday, Barbara Jean!

xo
Claudia

Anonymous said...

Oh shes adorable.I remember when my girls took ballet and Gymnastics.Time does fly doesnt it.

I love the birdnests anything with birds I simply just love, thanks for sharing!~~Becky

Valley Primitives Gift Shoppe said...

Your grand daughter is adorable! I love your little nests, they are very pretty.
Kim

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Barbara Jean,
Happy Pink Saturday to you. You have a sweet little granddaughter, all dressed in pink! Love the nest!

Blessings,
Sandi

Funky Junk Interiors said...

Awwww... I wanna craft day at grandma's too! I wish!!! Lovely new creations, Barbara Jean! The nest in the clay pot is brilliant.

Thanks for sharing on SNS!
FJ Donna

Stella said...

What a lovely granddaughter and you can tell she is going to love to craft. The birds nest are so cute and I hope you are going to tell us how to make them.

Victoria said...

How precious your grand daughter is! I can't wait to see her little cabinet all finished:)

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

How fun to craft with your Grand daughter!!
Your new display is AWESOME!!! Your bird nests are always a joy to see.
Warmly,
Deb :)

sherri@lavenderfields said...

Oh I love the pink stripes!! Too cute! All of the pictures are wonderful! Have a great weekend and enjoy your Pink Saturday! Sherri : )

Heidi said...

Cute post! I really love the nest in the pot. It would make a great centerpiece!

CC said...

Your grandaughter is adorable. What lovely memories you're making with her.I hope she always loves to craft.
Both my grandaughters loved crafting for so long..and now at 18,they're not so interested so much. I just know that someday,they'll begin again..
Happy Pink Saturday..have a lovely weekend.

Tammy said...

You have amazing nests..I love them. And I like the ballet class pictures too. My daughter Sophie is 5 and it is her first year too and she like your granddaughter likes "different" tights. I adore when children have no fear of their individuality.
thanks for stopping by my little blog.
tammy

extreme personal measures said...

Awesome! Following you from Funky Junks Saturday Nite Special!
Come by for a visit!
http://extremepersonalmeasures.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

Yeah! ballet Pinks!! I love them!
Happy Pink Saturday!
Hugs, Lisa

Jonny J Petros said...

Hi Barbara Jean,Your Grand daughter is beautiful, I love her name Ava! Your nest in a planter is so pretty. Thanks you for sharing Jonny

Nicole @ the style hatch said...

Your grand daughter is adorable!! Looks like the two of you had a fun day!

Nicole

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.

Nancy @ Live love laugh said...

This brings back memories of my daughters ballerina days! Sweet nests!
~Nancy

ThriftyAnnabella said...

What a pretty ballerina - Happy late Pink Saturday!