Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Thrifty Birthday Idea, Thrifty Art Treasures





Another mini match box with my mini teagbag roses on it.




Clothespin Jar.
Top wrapped with twine.
Bow added.
(still needs something. A tag?? Saying??)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our son turned 40 the 17th.
Tonight was our birthday dinner for him.
His sister had a great idea, and we helped pay for it.
Bunches of 40 things.
She is so very creative, and not much spent on some of this.


Jelly Bean "teeth removers"


M & M's daily vitamins


40 pistachios- tough nuts to crack.


40 prunes (they gave these to me!!) =0/



40 jokes about turning 40



And the gift really was these 40 scratch it tickets.
(not a usual purchase, but perfect for him.)

And you can do this for any age.
Didn't she do a great job?

And here are my thrifty treasures this week.
A box of goodies.
Lets see what is in here:
An assortment of kitchen goodies.




Beyond The Picket Fence

http://creationsbykara.blogspot.com/?





Free Signature Generator

Free Signature Generator

11 comments:

Free Pretty Things For You said...

you know me and my min match boxes!! Love them!!

Dorthe said...

I love your matchbox Barbara Jean,so lovely,

and a great idea, with the bunch of 40 gifts. Congratulations with your son.

Dorthe

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Barbara Jean,
What a great idea for a birthday party. I love it. The prunes cracked me up!LOL

I like your kitchen finds too.

hugs
Sissie

One Cheap B*tch said...

I love that little matchbox. So adorable! I have so many of those boxes lying around that I just have to try this!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Very cute birthday idea! Love the box of kitchen goodies!!!

Maureen said...

Good shopping!

Your sister is clever with her 40 things goodie bags. Great ideas!

Lululiz said...

What a brilliant idea for a birthday party! I'd love to use that idea for someone special as well. Big thank you to your daughter for coming up with it.

Unknown said...

You made me smile today....thank you for that....I needed it alot! xojana

Lori said...

What a clever idea. I love it!

Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thursday. Please join me next week for another great party. Don’t forget to stop by and enter my giveaway. I’ll announce the winner at next weeks party!

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Your little box is simply adorable! I love all of the 40 sayings, very clever. Thanks for sharing!

JD/ Jill said...

Great photos, and thank you for sharing about the birthday idea...very creative...