Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Fun, Fast (cheap) and Easy Projects, and Sweet Finds




I showed you this sweet gift box yesterday.
An empty check book box, covered with music paper, and
black ribbon, a doily, and hand-made ribbon rose.

It held this sweet bouquet of my Tea Bag Roses.
A gift for a friend.


Now, let's do some little, tiny match boxes.
SO EASY!!

Grab your glue stick, and hot glue gun.
Music paper.
(tip- my vintage paper was too frail to use around
the box, so I made a copy of it and used the copy.)

You'll also need some ribbons, trims, lace, cheesecloth,
and some Tea Bag Roses.
(free tutorial on my sidebar)

First, cut the music paper to fit the little box.
(easiest once you know the size, to cut several).

I slathered the glue stick all over it,
and laid it around the box.
I smoothed it all out and pinched the edges to make sure it adhered.

Now is the fun part.
Wrap lace, ribbon around it or glue some cheesecloth on it.

Then add the trims.
(I use the hot glue for this part)

Here are some fun examples.
Here are some closeups.
(remember, these boxes are only
1/2" tall, 1 1/4" wide, and 2" long)

How about sharing some gift ideas for these tiny boxes.
and remember, you could use this idea for any size box.




If you do not have time to do up some Tea Bag Roses,
you can use little ribbon roses in pretty Spring colors.
Maybe use some pretty flower print paper with these.
Remember, these boxes are teeny, tiny,
so pick very small prints to use on them.
(hmm, might try that myself!) =)

OH, afterthought.
I would dry brush the edges with brown.
Forgot on these as I was
trying to get them done for you.=)



Not much shopping going on here right now.
Here is what my one little shopping trip produced:
A sweet cubby hole shelf for display,
and 2 pairs of baby shoes.!!
I am excited about the baby shoes!
Something sweet and brand new coming for the store. =)

Now that taxes are done,
maybe I'll have more time for shopping, and crafting!

OK, I sure do appreciate your visit today,
and hope you will go check out these wonderful
places I am joining in with.
And be sure to thank all the wonderful
gals who take the time to put these together.

blessings

barbara jean

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

Beyond The Picket Fence




19 comments:

Jen said...

I love anything with music and those boxes are adorable. Probably better than the gift inside even.

Anonymous said...

Barbara Jean, your lovelies keep getting smaller and smaller, as in miniatures. I love them, but doesn't it get difficult to see? Perhaps I just need smaller glasses. Can you truly imagine the thrill someone would experience upon receiving one of these tiny treasures? Lovely and creative -- so inspiring!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Barbara Jean,
I am lovin your tiny little match boxes, so sweet.

Love your finds too, can't wait to see what you do with them.

hugs
Sissie

One Cheap B*tch said...

Those boxes are so charming! The music paper definitely gives it a nice touch!

Claudia said...

Your boxes are beautiful, Barbara Jean! I love seeing what you create.

xo
Claudia

Unknown said...

Just so cute......I'll put this one on my list!
xo,jana

Judi said...

I don't know where you find the time!!! I made a couple of the alterned matchbooks and glued 3 together to make a chest of drawers! Gave it to my Little Sis :) Judi

Robin said...

Everything you create is just beautiful Barbara Jean and these boxes are no exception! Thanks for sharing your lovely work!

Take Care - Robin

Megan Gunyan said...

Those are so CUTE. I love the tea bag roses! They are extremely creative and beautiful! Great job!

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Barbara Jean, you have done it again! That is so sweet--thanks for faithfully linking up! PS--I am passing along your blog to a friend--she is going to love it!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

The boxes are so pretty! I love the music sheet paper!
Debbie

Vicki Boster said...

I simply adore those little boxes! I am thinking - now what could I do with those - hmmm!! Love them!

Vicki

Barb said...

Hi Barbara Jean,

What a lovely project. So intricate and precious!

hugs,
Barb

Grannys Attic said...

These are so sweet, what a great idea. Going to get my check book box out of the trash right now! Thanks for sharing. Blessings, Vicky

Rose ~Victorian Rose ~ said...

Laughing....I would have to wait for a year before I emptied a whole box of matches. But that is such a cute idea...great to add to a Still Life photo.


Thank you,

Rose

Anonymous said...

I love every single one of these. They are just beautiful!!

Lululiz said...

They make the most perfect little gift boxes for a small piece of jewellery, like a pair of earrings, or a little bracelet, or perhaps a small pendant. Just gorgeous.

Lori said...

WOW!!! This is super cute!! I need to do this..

Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thursday at Life as Lori. Please join me next week for another great party!

The Charm of Home said...

These are really cute. Would be great at a wedding.
Win Rachael Ray bake ware at my blog.
Thanks!
Sherry