Thursday, March 11, 2010

Flower Pot Nest, Display, and More Projects!

Nest.
In a flower pot.
Spray painted....
Then dabbled with cream paint using saran wrap.
Love it!
Nest tutorial on side bar.

``````````````````
Beginning of display....
What we got done today..
Coming along.



OOH! How about a little Spring brightness for you?
Love this lime green!
( Easter card, and Spring Ribbon made by me)
Overall view.
Still unpacking and crafting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I bought this corner shelf last summer.
It did not have the shelves,
and I never got around to making them.
Now my sweet fella has made them.
My assignment, should I decide to take it,
paint the shelves, and hang it.

I showed you this basket a few days ago.
Again, no bottom.
Again, my SF cut a bottom for it.

Look, he even notched them so it would sit just right!
That's my guy! =)
Assignment two for me: paint the bottom.
Oh, he did mention,
that since he did such a great job,
it really should not be covered up by a nest. =/
Rust and patine paint, here I come!


My saving tip today:
When you have too many projects to do,
don't buy more!
(I'm learning some self control, but it is not easy!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for joining me for these special events.
Please go to these great blogs,
thank our hostesses,
and see what everyone else has been up to.

blessings

barbara jean

Finding Fabulous


<span class=

10 comments:

Diane said...

Such eye candy, Barbara Jean--I love visiting here!!

One Cheap B*tch said...

That flower pot nest is so sweet! And I like your advice. Wish I listened to that more often b/c where am I off to today? The craft store. LOL!

ClassyChassy said...

Great advice, but hard to follow!!!

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Everything looks great!! Love the nest! And the shelves and basket are adorable.

The display is wonderful!

Have a great weekend!

Lou Cinda ")

Unknown said...

Barbara Jean, your flower pot is darling, I love LOVE the birds nest. And we got to peak at all those lovelies in the shop ... beautiful presentation.

Happy St. Patrick's Day ~
Have a lovely weekend.
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

Roslyn said...

Lovely vignettes! SO sweet and spring-like

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Well Barbara Jean, I wish I could do that, but I can't help myself!
I think that nest in the pot is the cutest thing ever! I love everything you are doing, it's going to be lovely.

hugs
Sissie

Threeundertwo said...

Wow, the texture on that flower pot is great! And I have no idea what you mean about too many projects to do - there's always room for more! That's what got me into the mess I'm in. Thanks so much for linking up to Finished for Friday.

Heather said...

very nice little bird nest. Love the display you put together.

ladyestelle said...

This is my first visit here and I think I am in LOVE. Such a lovely and inspirational place, Barbara Jean.