Sunday, March 28, 2010

Showing Off Shoe Nests & Fun Finds




.

You all know how I love to show off the work of those who have tried my tutorials.
Well, just check these out!
This was a brand new pair of baby shoes, (well, sort of. They had never been worn but had been in the package 13 years!!) Sounds like something i would do. =)

Anyway, Mercedes, of LibertyBiberty made these from my tutorial and her own ideas. Not only did she 'age' the shoes, but she lined them to match the eggs in the nest! Aren't they incredible? Great job Mercedes!!
AND YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE WHAT ELSE. If you scroll down when you get over to her place, you will see the tiny little miniature shoes she made, and put nests in!
It is really incredible.


Be sure to check out her many wonderful posts. She has a whole house of tiny miniatures.
(Is that redundant?) You will be amazed at the tiny things she has made.

And speaking of shoe nests,
Here is the little shoe nest that Sylvia has make for her place. Click lotjes home.
And she has a great blog with miniatures, lotjes dollshouse.
See the aged shoes in the middle, next to the bottom?






Since I cleaned and organized for a surprise at my brick and mortar store, I did not get much done this weekend.
So Sylvia and Mercedes made the world cuter for me. Thanks Gals. =)

Now for my junkin', thrifty, blue finds.

There was a big garage sale at the fairgrounds this weekend.
I drug my poor fella with me, (someone to carry my loot out to the car you know).
I did get several really sweet things.

Like this blue tea cup. I like that it is so different than most i have seen.

And look at the inside. Is that just too sweet? It will go perfectly with my surprise. =)

And I got this little blue suitcase. Not impressive I know... but...

Look at the inside!!!! Now, I do not really want to paint the outside of it, but it is just not too well done.

What do you think? Click on the pics to enlarge, and help me out here. =0)


A couple more finds: This huge bottle from Italy, 50 cents!
Another shelf, (oh do i need to get a spray gun!)
And two little creamers, a large bag of old spools, and 2 stacking boxes.
A great day for one of my first sales this Spring.



I'm joining in with all these wonderful blogs today.
Please go look around, and tell our hostess thanks for their great jobs.

Blessings and Happy Monday!

barbara jean

PS A little help please: I usually do my posts with everything centered. I was told that it is easier to read them the way I have it today.
Any opinions??






19 comments:

Mercedes Spencer @ Liberty Biberty said...

Thank you for showing my baby shoes Barbara Jean and thanks for the great tutorial and your kindness and encouragement.
Your blog full of ideas is a wonderful inspiration to me!

LOVE all the things you found at the garage sale, especially that divine tea cup! Lucky you!

Mercedes

sylvia said...

Barbara Jean, thank you for the tutorial!!
I love to do it and love your blog also.
Sylvia

Kvasthilda, Sweden said...

Oooh... I really love that striped blue and white cup. Nice with the flowers inside!

I think it is better to read posts that are left formatted rather than centered. It is easier for the eyes to follow text that way. The pictures can always be centered.

Great finds btw! I would have problems repainting that wooden suitcase box, that's for sure. Lovely inside!
And the heart shaped stack boxes... Mmmmm...

(and one last: thanks for having the option of Name/URL activated!)

Chubskulit Rose said...

Lovely collection!

Happy Blue Monday

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Oh my goodness ! Those are just precious !!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

OH DEAR!! What a pretty array of darling blues!! I love that tea cup with the sweet flowers in it!!
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Good Morning! Happy Blue Monday! I haven't been here in a while ... finally I'm feeling pretty normal again and can browse some blogs!!! Yippiee!! I absolutely adore the blue striped tea cup and the flower inside, special! I like everything you featured ... drooling. :) Thanks, Jenn <><

Linda @ A La Carte said...

First I love your wonderful finds. I agree about repainting the doll suitcase. I have always found your blog easy to read. hmmmm...yep tha0t's it for my comments. :)

Anonymous said...

love the shoe nests!

Kvasthilda again said...

Thanks for leaving a comment with me :-)

The Name/URL option in the comment pane gives anyone that doesn't have a "Google account" or "Open ID" the possibility to comment.
I have no idea if this is something default or something that needs to be changed. Probably a default setting.

SmilingSally said...

I center my writings if it's only a phrase or a sentence. If longer, then I allow it to fall against the left margin. Thanks for sharing. Happy Blue Monday!

Kaysi said...

Those are so sweet!!

Ann said...

I'm partial to the blue already on the suitcase, I wouldn't change it. The teacup is so unique. Love it too.
Ann

Marice said...

what a wonderful series of blue collections :)

u may view mine here

Carol............. said...

Pretty cool stuff you have found.

The shoe-nest is precious.....what talent.

joyh82 said...

Love that pretty blue teacup. Have a Happy Easter and Happy Blue Monday!

Lisa said...

Super cute shoes! I love the blue on the inside! You have some great treasures there!!
Happy Spring!
Hugs, Lisa

Mary Beth @ Live. Laugh. Make Something said...

Your little nest is just delightful! ..and great treasures you found! I'm dropping by from Cottage Instincts linky party and am so happy that I did! I hope to see you back at my place soon! until later...

darrine said...

OMG it is so cool. Especially those lit shoes Over there..Just sweat. Thank you for sharing