Sunday, March 7, 2010

Gatherings of Goodies, Some Blue, and Some Art for You

This is my gathering basket.
(which just happens to be blue).


For a year I have gathered assorted things to
make unique pin cushions with.



Can you believe I have only gotten 4 done?
Here are a couple.


Pin cushion made from a candle holder.
It is hollow. See the buttons inside?
(sold, can make you one similar).

See the black drawers in the corner?
A little pin cushion/sewing drawers.
(still available)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A little blue for you:
Ava and Grammy after bath time.


Ava and Grandma out for a walk.
( a couple of years ago.)

My only project done this week (besides taxes!)
This is a page from those little prayer and saying books
you see all the time. They are usually a dollar or less at sales.
Even if some of the pages are ruined,
there are always a lot of good sayings and verses to use.




Hope you all have a wonderful Monday,
and will join these lovely blogs on their special day today.

thanks to all our wonderful hostesses.


Free Signature Generator

The Persimmon Perch - Monday
http://itssoverycheri.com/






Free Signature Generator

22 comments:

Shannara said...

Lots of small lovely things...

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Barbara Jean,
I love that pin cushion Candle Stick! The buttons inside are so cute!
Debbie

Chatty Crone said...

Your items for church are wonderful as usual. You have your taxes done already? Good for you.
Ava is adorable. Looks like you have some work left to do. . .

sandie

Victoria said...

I love the frame you did, it's so pretty! What a little doll your granddaughter is:)

SmilingSally said...

Love the touches of blue. Happy Blue Monday.

The Feathered Nest said...

Such beautiful things you create Barb!! I love all of the different things you've gathered to hold pincushions ~ I found something wonderful to fill them with that gives them a vintage feel ~ bird litter! I went to Pet Smart and they have crushed walnut shell bird litter! I'm going to fill the pincushion and finish off with fiberfill then draw up the thread...Have a wonderful week sweet friend, hugs and love, Dawn

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

That pin cushion is just fabulous. Love it. Hugs, Marty

Sherry from Alabama said...

Lucky you, you got your taxes done! Thanks for sharing such pretty pics today! Those are some young-looking grandmas enjoying that precious little one.

Sherry @ A Happy Valentine

JD/ Jill said...

I enjoyed looking at all your pictures...thank you for sharing...Your blog background is so lovely...

Glo said...

I like your pin cushions! Very unique!

♥ Kathy said...

cute post.... Happy Blue Monday :)

One Cheap B*tch said...

Happy Monday!

Love your little pin cushions but that frame is just so lovely! =)

Chubskulit Rose said...

love that candle holder pin cushion, so unique!

Building Memories Together for Blue Monday.

Pie said...

You have a great collection and Ava is a doll!

Happy Blue Monday.

My entry.

FrenchGardenHouse said...

I love your Prayer page...it's gorgeous. Lidy

ClassyChassy said...

cute pictures of your projects and projects to be!!!

Kaysi said...

That is great! I would have never thought of something like this, thanks for the idea!

Ann said...

Oh I really like the pin cushions. Thats a unique idea on the candlestick. Lovely.
Ann

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Lots of beautiful things !
Blessings,
~Myrna

****** "M" said...

Your candlestick pin cushion is lovely, and I never thought to use little old devotionals like that...love that idea!

Julie said...

Beautiful collection. And congrats on finishing your taxes too. Taxes may not be pretty but they are quite the accomplishment! Thanks for sharing with Made it Monday! Jules

Its So Very Cheri said...

So many pretties to look at.

We have to get ours sent in--ugh--it is just such a busy time right now,

And what a little cutie.

Thanks for posting to the party.

My favs will be up this evening.

Cheri www.itssoverycheri.com

Have you re-signed up to follow me at the new site. If not you won;t get my updates. Blame Google not me-I don't know why they want to keeo my followers-like what are they going to do with them--REALLY.