Sunday, March 14, 2010

Easter Cards, Remember Signs, and Grandkids


Some sweet Easter cards.



The ones below are from calendar pages.
I added the banner.
and sparkles in some places...
and a cut out egg.

A little vignette.

And this one even has some Easter grass
and a little Chickie on it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm getting some more "Remember" signs done.
These signs are special to me.
"Remember God loves me".
Remember Christ died for me.
Remember He has created all things.

And you can fill them in however you want.
A good Reminder, to Remember.

Care to share what you would "Remember"?



Here is a sweet little brush.
Bristles about 4" long.
Anyone know what it is for?

Posted these last week i think. Nests will be put one them.
Guess if you have been here before you already knew that. =)

Anyone know what this is for?
Those little 'slats' are only about 2" across.
Maybe little signs?
Seem too small for photos.

Any great ideas for it??
Just too unique (and thrifty) to pass up.


Blue Monday, and our sweet little guy. (and his mama and little sister.)
Our grandson, Remy, turned 3 last month. He is my 'blue' for today.
(yes, I know there is no blue in other pics, just had to share them.) =)

















And our granddaughter Isabel, almost 10, at her first Battle of the Books.
They did great!!

Thanks for joining in.
Please visit all the great blogs that are hosting parties today.

Have a wonderful Monday.

Free Signature Generator

Free Signature Generator

21 comments:

Barbara said...

Barbara Jean, Love the Easter cards and I really like your Remember signs, very unique.

Grandchildren are a blessing!
Barbara

Nancy's Daily Dish said...

I love the iron candle holders you're going to put nests in...or one of them. This is my first visit, I am enjoying it, so I will be anxious to go through and see what you're talking about with the nests. Those vintage cards are so pretty too!

SmilingSally said...

Happy blue Monday, Barbara Jean!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Those are very nice.

My Blue Monday post

Alicia Robbins said...

The brush is a barber's brush used to brush away hair after a dry haircut.

Dragonlady said...

Hi Barb, I am thinking the brush might be a Barber's brush, to whisk away hair after a hair cut..
hugs
brenda

Ann said...

I do love the Easter cards. Very special. Your granddaughters looks so cute in her blue. Happy Blue Monday.
ann

Mollye said...

Hi Barbara Jean, Nice to see you again. Yep I do indeed know about the bristle brush as my late hubby was a barber and I loved his old soft as a bunny's whisker brush.

Lululiz said...

That brush is intriguing. It could be a marbling brush. Marbling needs a really feather light, soft and delicate touch for some stages of the process, and if those bristles are really soft, I can imagine that they would stroke the paint ever so gently. Hmm. Do let me know if you find out what it really is, please.

Kaysi said...

everything looks so great!

mommyroo said...

Hi, just thought I'd let you know that little brush is a vintage shaving brush...now you should be on the lookout for a nice antique shaving mug to place it in! There are some very elegant ones out there!

Anne Fannie said...

Happy Blue Monday!
The link to my silver spoons plant markers is my Feb 6 post, you can click here to view!
http://annefannie.blogspot.com/2010/02/silver-sunday-silver-spoons-garden.html

~Ann

♥ Kathy said...

How fun! Happy Blue Monday!

Shy said...

You have handome boy. Blue always works for the boys.

Laura said...

I figured the brush was to brush off the shoulders of a man's suit jacket, so the people that said it'a barbers brush are probably right!! The little metal signs look like garden markers to me. You found some great stuff!

Anonymous said...

I agree, looks like garden markers and a barbers brush. I love your remember sign. It's a very unique and pointed reminder what Easter is about.

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

I loved it all, your grandchildren are beautiful !
Blessings,
~Myrna

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Happy Blue Monday to you Barbara Jean...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

LOVE your Easter cards!
I think it's a shaving brush and the little signs are for the garden to remember what you planted.
Warmly,
Deb :)

Cindy Loven said...

the brush is a barber's brush, and probably isnt even vintage, my hubby is going to barber's college and he has one just like it in his kit, and they are available at amazon.com that look just like that..

Shopgirl said...

I have a brush just like yours, I have no idea when or where I got it. I think it is for brushing of mens coats, something like that. I just think it is cool.
Your cards are beautiful, I have not yet found my Easter thoughts, it has been busy around here.
Think Spring! Mary