Friday, September 18, 2009



Pink Saturday

Pink Saturday

It's Pink Saturday over at
Beverly's How Sweet the Sound.

You will find a whole lot of interesting pinks over there!

thanks Beverly for a great hosting job!!


Here is my pink for today.

This old record case holds my old pics,
and my pink autograph book from the 60's.


O get it out once in awhile, and it is fun going through it.
Thought i would share a bit of it with you.

One of the tings i remember most,
is that my pen pal signed it.
He was here for school in the 5th grade,
and after he left we wrote back and forth for awhile.
He was from New Zealand.



This time i sat and went though it page by page.
There were things in there i did not remember.


Like my grandpa's signature on the front page.


And a bit further back, my Grandma signed it.
She quoted John 3:16.
A verse that meant nothing to me at the time,
but sure does now!
I'm sure Grandma must have prayed for years for all of us,
and from Heaven got to rejoice when
we made a commitment to the Lord she loved.



This page is not pink, or signed years ago,
but it is my granddaughter's signature from 2006.
I let her sign a page in it,
but not read it.
Some the the things written by 5th graders,
were not meant for her little eyes.

And here is just a wee bit of sunshine and pink for you.
this is our youngest granddaughter, Rowan.
(I know her hat looks red,
but it is actually the brightest pink you have ever seen!

Sunshine, smiles, and blessings to you all on this pink Saturday.

Barbara jean

This is my Pink Saturday new place i visited and highly recommend.
Susie has great tips on blog uses.
1stfloorflat

thanks for the great tips on making my blog better!!

16 comments:

Regina said...

Pretty pink post!
Have a lovely day Barb.

Rebecca Nelson said...

Just precious Barbara Jean! How special and I LOVE how you allowed your sweet GD to sign the book! PRECIOUS!

Love to you~Rebecca

Sammy Girl said...

Just a quick "hello" before turning in. Turning into what I'm not sure .... lol! When I get back on track I have a cute pink think I think you'll enjoy. Thinking of you and can't wait to get my tush down to Eugene!
Hugs!
Betty :)

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Barbara Jean! Yesterday on my Heirlooms Party post, I posted my old autograph book! Great idea and thanks for sharing. Have a nice weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

I have a couple of autograph books from when I was younger and now I'm going to pull them out and read them!! Thank you for reminding me!!

Happy Pink Saturday!

Hugs,
Marsha

Lynn said...

Your old autograph book! What a treasure!
Know what I'd do?
I'd google your old pen pal and see what you come up with!

Mary Bergfeld said...

Ah, Barbara. How wonderful that you've kept that autograph book. Your "baby" is just a doll. I hope you are having a wonderful day.

Susie Jefferson said...

Now I'm blushing! Thanks so much for the mention.

Great post, and your littlie is adorable. Happy Pink Saturday, sweetie!

♥Mimi♥ said...

When the blossoms of summer begin to fade we can always count on Pink Saturday to bring a smile to our faces and to remind us that somewhere there are pastels and pretty things.

Ohmygosh, an autograph book - I can't recall the last time I saw one...wow!

Thanks so much for sharing this week. I wish you sunshine and lollipops today and always.

Nancy said...

I am so happy for you to still have your autograph book! And, it is pink. I agree. I'd definitely google or zillow that address in New Zealand. But, then, what else is there to do in the mountains of Vermont?

Happy Pink Saturday!

Claudia said...

Love your autograph book! I lost mine along the way - I wish I could see it once again! Such a fun post. Happy Pink Saturday!

Char said...

So adorable. Happy Pink Saturday, Char

Unknown said...

Happy Pink Saturday!!!

Lisa said...

Super super PINKS!
Happy Pink Saturday!
Hugs, Lisa

On The Wings Of Love said...

...thinking of you and have sent some prayers up. I'm praying that you are givent the strength to get through your difficult time.

Hugs
Bre

CC said...

How sweet the memories are..and that tiny pink hat on such a gorgeous little one....that's so adorable. Happy Pinks..