Tuesday, February 7, 2012

White Wednesday Vintage Cookbook

 Just got back from vacation where we filled the car with goodies.
One is these 1906 White House Cookbook.
 It has seen a LOT of use.... but just aged to perfection for me.
 Several beautiful pictures too. (sorry for sideways)
Love this one. I'm sure the ladies wore their nice dresses,
and white, lace edged aprons every day for their kitchen duties. =)

White Wednesday Blessings,
and thank you Kathleen for hosting each week.

barbara jean

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

What an amazing find! It's fantastic- love the pictures!

Sonya Badgley said...

I have one of these books! I love it! Wow, the women really had to work hard back then!
I'm having a giveaway on my blog, Barb! :)Come on over!
Hugs,
Sonya
PS Welcome home!

Alicia said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! I can't believe this! Not more than a few minutes ago I was visiting a favorite blog "Podso" and I remarked to Podso how much I had loved a cookbook my mom owned called the Whitehouse cookbook and how I wished I could find that very same cookbook and you have posted about that very cookbook. Wow...lol. Small world. You are going to love that cookbook. It's the only cookbook my mom owned when I was a teenager and I grew up trying out different recipes in that book.