Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thrifty Thursday Treasures

My sweet fella and I went to the coast last week
to an antique store going out of business.
We found some great deals (great even to this thrifty girl)
on some special treasures.
Like the Bible and books above.

Two Piggly Wiggly Cookbooks.
As far as I can figure out, P.W. was a store chain in
California. Anyone know more?

I got 5 of these Boston Cooking magazines....
(Not that I cook mind you) =)


And this is my favorite.

I know it does not look like it,
but this is the original cover and binding.
It is still attached in the back,
but someone had to hand stitch the cover on.
Always nice to see a worn out from use Bible.


And here are more treasures to rust!! Keys.
(Anyone want some rusty keys?
I'll be doing them up soon)
Go HERE to see the last batch.
They are pretty cool.

Think I will leave most of this batch alone.
They look cool enough already.
(well, maybe just rust a few?)

And love these pieces.
Especially the oblong key plates.

And, change of subject from rust.....
Isn't' she beautiful?
She was in one of the cookbooks.

Thanks for coming by.
Blessings on your day

barbara jean

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I sent you an email about some items. Also interested in the little handle with the ring that is sitting below the large kitchen handle in your group picture.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh what wonderful treasures. I love old books and they are becoming so hard to find. The Bible is a special treasure. Love the hardware also. Great finds. Hugs, Marty

Marge of Emmas Nook and Granny said...

We used to have Piggly Wiggly grocery stores in SE Minnesota, but I haven't seen any around here for years. However, Pig Wig is alive and well in Wisconsin. We drove by two of them today on our way home from Madison. BTW, great collections today!

Sherrie said...

Those are some beautiful treasures!
The hardware is such a find!

Linda said...

You found some great books on your treasure hunt. We have Piggly Wiggly grocery stores here in West Tennessee. I went to one the other day in a nearby little town.