Sunday, August 23, 2009

Blue Monday


Tots, Tool box, and Tractor

Blue Monday

It's Blue Monday over at Smilin Sally's.


OK, another fun Monday Blues being hosted by Smilin Sally.
Thanks girl, for doing such a terrific job hosting each week,
and to all you bloggers who post there for us to enjoy your blues.

Just when you think you have nothing blue to post,
up pops a few surprises you can share.

This first tool box i showed briefly before.

But now i laid out the contents a bit better for you to see.

Two old clocks, 7 frames,
a little easel (have a plan for it already),
and some misc items in bottom.
All this for $1.00






These are two of my granddaughters
dressed in blue.
You can go to my Daughter's blog,
Modern Christian Homemaker,
to read just a bit about Isabel's birthday.





And this was the surprise!
( a short poem first).

We were driving down the road, and I said, "what's this?"
What did we just pass? A bit of blue bliss?

I said, "go back!! I need a picture real quick!!".

He turned in a driveway, and started to park..
I said "I'll be just a minute," and jumped out of the truck..
I hopped down the road, like a child at play,
just expecting a picture but more came my way.

A couple was working near the old apple tree.
I spoke up and said, "may i take a picture please?"
They said i could, and came nearer to see,
they stepped out from under that old apple tree.

They looked familiar and i told them so..
"Are you parents of someone, who to my high school did go? "
North Eugene, they said, and "so did I!".
Are you the Forstners, parents of Glen?
I new you all, way back then."



OK, the poetry isn't great, but it was the nicest happening.
I know my fella thinks I'm nuts for all the silly pics i take,
but this is one time it was more than just a picture.

These were the parents of a nice young fella i knew in high school.
We had a great visit and caught up.

Then they told me about their lives, where they had grown up,
when they had moved here.
They told me about the tractor, a 1946 Ford,
and how it was made year they were married,
but of course they didn't buy it when it was new.
I just let then have the visit it seemed they needed to have.
My fella finally came back with the truck,
wondering what on earth was taking me so long.
He even got out and joined in with our visit.

As we left, I said to him,
"sometimes, a picture isn't just picture at all,
but an encounter of caring and sharing.

That's what this was.
Thank you Lord, for Blue Monday, for the blue tractor,
and the opportunity to have a visit.



1946 Ford Tractor

The Forstners.


Take time today to give of yourself.
It really feels good.

Blessings on you Blue Monday
Barbara Jean

27 comments:

Barbara said...

Barbara Jean, Great post, your grans are darling, love the old tackle box and we have a blue tractor, but ours in newer.

Thanks for sharing today, hope you have a happy Blue Monday.

Barbara

Becky K. said...

How wonderful!

Blogging definitely leads to some wonderful experiences!

Becky K.

Cindy said...

Pretty girls and I will go to your daughter's site.

Neat toolbox and stuff in it.
Cindy

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

Love that old tractor and what a great story!!!

SmilingSally said...

Title that poem, "A Bit of Blue" and frame it! It's a keeper. Thanks for sharing your blues. Happy Blue Monday.

ClassyChassy said...

Very nice 'blues' and a great story!

Mammabellarte Rita Reade said...

I love your poem and the story....great work, when do I pick up my blue tractor? Happy Monday

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Barbara Jean,
A great adventure! I have a soft spot for old tractors, always did! I guess I got it from my Daddy. Love the blue one; Happy Blue Monday!

Blessings,
Sandi

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

What a wonderful surprise to meet someone you knew from a while back. I love this story. So glad you had a great day and visit. Great blues. Hugs, Marty

Charlotte said...

Great post - great pictures - great poem. This was truly a serendipity moment for you. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Happy Blue Monday.
Charlotte

Mary Bergfeld said...

What a wonderful post. Thanks for sharing your blues - pictures and poem - with us. I hope you are having a great day.

Sarah said...

Wonderful Blue Monday post, and I love your poem!

Thanks for sharing on Blue Monday. Hope to see you at my place for a Blue Rooster Monday. ~ Hyacinth

http://hyacinthforthesoul.blogspot.com/

Lynn said...

"Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." ~~Helen Keller

I prefer the adventure myself. It sounds as though you had a wonderful one.

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

What a lucky encounter with folks from the past. I really like their tractor!

I can't believe what-all you got for only $1. I should be so lucky sometime!

Boo-Bah AKA Iris said...

What a nice story. I love the pictures that you shared with us today. I think the poem was great! Taking a simple picture turned out to be a really neat experience for you.

Your granddaughters are pretty special too.

Iris

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

The blue tractor makes me smile! Nice post!

Wildflowerhouse said...

What a wonderful post and I love the blue tractor. Sharon

Anonymous said...

I love the poem - how clever of you - and blue tractor is gorgeous everyone should have one in their garden!! lol take care, Judith

Jennsmere said...

Awwww...such a sweet day you had! Enjoyed the pics and the poetry! Thanks for sharing...
Be blessed,
Susan

Rebecca Nelson said...

OK...this sweet post made me tear up! I LOVE THE POEM!

I love your heart more!

xoRebecca

Tootsie said...

it is all just wonderful...especially those two beautiful little girls!

Unknown said...

That old tractor is delightful, and I enjoyed your poetry:) I hope you will join me at diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com for Crock Pot Wednesday. Mr. Linky will be up on Tuesday for your link. Thanks for posting.

ellen b. said...

Barbara Jean! That is such a wonderful story. I love that your husband stopped for you and that you got to re-visit a time gone by with this great looking couple! Happy Blue Monday to you. Oh and I can't believe you got all that for a dollar!!

jeanne said...

Barbara Jean, your post is so cute and I love the poem and the story. Your photos are what makes the whole story so good.

Hugs...Jeanne

Lisa said...

Great stuff!! That box is amazing! The tractor is awesome!!
Hugs,Lisa

Vicki said...

Hello, Barbara Jean,
What a wonderful story and poem you shared about the Forstners! I am sure you made their day. Thank you for taking the time to stop and visit with them. I know everyone was blessed as a result! Have a good week. Vicki

Sharlotte said...

I love your pictures! The tractor is priceless!!!

What a terrific find for $1.00 ~ I love the frames and clock!

Thanks for sharing.