Monday, August 17, 2009



second time around tuesday

Three or More Tuesday

Three or More Tuesday

hosted by Tam at
the gypsy corner.


Here are my 2nd time around pics.


Yesterday I mentioned a big old sale where we
could get $1.00 boxes of 'stuff'.
Here are a couple i took pics of.
Will try to get the others done soon.


a few kitchen items. (Not sure what the little wire things is)



Another $1.00 box.
black metal box, old bottles, clock
(does not work but sure is cute!)
old train car, 2 frogs,
a rusty something I'll use for a base,
and a tall, thin brown 'tower' for ?.



Here are some old binoculars.
Paid 50 cents for these.
Not sure why i even like the horrid old things.
They just caught my eye.
Wonder how they will fit in with pink frufru,
and tea cups and lace at the store?? =0))
(dare not show my fella, he's think i totally lost my mind!!)


And I paid $5.00 for this vintage lamp, 60 years old,
had just come out of an old house.
I wanted to put it in our bathroom at home,
but my fella just made one of his faces.
You know, the curled up edge of lip face that says,
"why would you want to do that??"

So, I think i have found a place for it at the store!!
Wait and see our newest area, coming soon.

OK. Here are my 3 or more....


FRAMES!

I love Frames!!
So I keep buying them.....




and buying them....



and buying them.
Wish i could make them up into things
as fast as I could buy them. =0))


That's all for today,
Be sure to visit all our other friends joining in on these special Tuesday events.

thanks to our wonderful hostesses.

blessings,
Barbara Jean

12 comments:

Sammy Girl said...

Hi, Barb! Love those finds .... and I am SO GLAD that I am not the ONLY ONE who buys frames faster than I use them. Are you sure we are not the same person just living in two different places?!!
Hugs!
Betty :)

Gemma Wiseman said...

It's so much fun collecting treasures! Always inspiring to look through resources like this and dream of unique projects!

Kitty Scraps said...

Wow Miz Barbara Jean! Look at those Dollar Box Treasures! I love them all *smiles* Whatcha going to do with all those frames? I thought I had a frame collection but mine is NOTHING to yours *smiles*

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Barbara Jean, I also am a frame addict. Just this Saturday I added another three to my stash! It's funny how we begin collecting and get so excited when we find something we love. Your hanging light is...wonderful! :)

Chris said...

That lamp is a treasure! Couldn't you just smile sweetly at the Mister and say "please"?

Looks like you found some great stuff there..

ClassyChassy said...

Wow - what neat items! Love that wire thing in the first picture - wonder what it is???

jeanne said...

Barbara Jean, what fun treasures you have. I want to touch and feel them and study about what to do with them. Great fun in these things. The frames do need a reason to exist. That will be a huge job. BIG smile.

Hugs...Jeanne

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

I'm a frame junkie, too!

Denise Marie said...

I buy frames too..Ok...you gotta post a 3 or more soon of a great project you do with some of them!! You are good at organizing them. :0) Love your lamp and that little wire thing looks like a mini egg carrier.

Cass @ That Old House said...

OK laughed out loud at the stockpile of frames! Brilliant. There must be something you can do with them. Paint and re-sell maybe? Then you could buy MORE!
Cass

Poppedijne said...

People would pay a lot of money for some of the items you bought for 1$ a box. The little wire thing is indeed a little egg basket. We see them a lot here in Belgium.

Kathy said...

What neat things! Love all the old kitchen stuff and the clock and bottles. Your lamp is going to be beautiful. What a lucky day you had!
xo...Kathy