Tuesday, August 25, 2009

It's Party Time!!!

Take off your shoes, and come play in the sand.




Go on over to the Shabby Chic Cottage
for the beach party.
And thank Gina,
the ultimate party giver!!


Well, I did some new things for the party,
but, I cannot find my camera, so no pics.
I am really bummed. (as in beach bum??) =0)
(trying to smile in spite of it all)

Here are some repeats pics and story,
and bit of something new at the end.

Thanks for coming by.


These are some pictures of our trip
to the coast last month.


My sweet fella drew these.
I almost cried.

One of Oregon's many lighthouses.




This is the beach area at the store.
I've added a couple of new things.
click to check it out
and let me know if you see anything you like.


This is pictured above on the top right of the display.

As you can see, it is very old, and worn.
Just the way i like things.
but, would you paint it cream on the back?
So it would go better in the sea shore area??
SOLD- thank you so much.



This is one of my Ps. 139 jars, as i call them.

They have verses 17 & 18 on them.

"How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them.
Were i to count them, they would
outnumber the grains of sand.
When i awake i am still with you."

I love that.
Can you imagine His thoughts of us are more
than there are grains of sand??
That's love.
$3.50
2 left


This is one of the new things, in process.


And here it is almost finished.


I love how it turned out. (no pic yet). =0/

I have 3 other projects, but no pics.
Hope you will come back to see them.
If I find my camera, I will post them.
They will all be in the gift shop soon.

Found my camera!!!
Here are a couple more pics for you. =0))
I'll tell you about them later!




Blessings, and thanks for coming by.

Barbara Jean

12 comments:

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Oh... your artwork and projects are beautiful! So many wonderful beach-inspired objects.

I love the old bell.

What a sweet photo of you and your husband...with wonderful memories....how romantic is his heart drawn in the sand.

All these are perfect Beach photos to share.

Blessings & Aloha!

*I pray you find your camera soon!...mine went missing in action yesterday...um. well, ok, I was the one that "put" it missing.*

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

It's all so beautiful!
Hugs,
Pat

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Barbara Jean,
I love your little beachy photo in the shadow box! Yes, I would paint the wood behind the bell, a creamy white. And I love the scripture you have chosen to go along with the beach party; that's the best part! Thanks for sharing.

Blessings,
Sandi

Unknown said...

Those are beautiful, Barb! Love the sweet thing your hubby did, I prolly would have teared up a little, too.

Thanks for joining me!

Michelle Hughes said...

So nice! I love your booth!
Smiles,
Michelle

Marie said...

Hello sweet Barbara Jean - love that beautiful photo of you and your hubby! And what a precious sentiment he wrote in the sand (so glad you have a pic of it!). I also love all your beachy things. My fave is that very cool beach sign! Oh my.

Blessings,
Marie
http://emmacallsmemama.com

Maya @ Completely Coastal said...

The painted sanddollars are so neat! Love them.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Great photos - thanks for sharing. You are very talented.

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Barb...

Ohhh...I'm so happy that your honey found your camera for you!!! Praise the Lord! I know...I think I would be missing if I lost my camera! hehe!

Well my friend, I love all of your pretty "beachy" treasures!!! Love your new box with the children playing in the sand and the shells...it's absolutely darling!!! Of course, I had to enlarge your new Coastal area in your shop so I could get a better view of all your goodies!!! And...before I forget...just want to tell you how much I enjoyed the photo of you and your honey at the beach...it's a fabulous photo of the two of you!!! And isn't that just the sweetest thing...drawing that heart with your initials in it..in the sand!!! That really is just the sweetest!!! I can tell that you have a very romantic husband...what a blessing, my friend!!!

Barb, just wanted to thank you for coming by and leaving me such a sweet note for my "Celebration Giveaway"...it means so much to me!!! I also just wanted to take this time to tell you thank you for following Happy To Design...it's been such a pleasure meeting you and getting to know you, my friend!!!

Have a wonderful Wednesday!
Love ya,
Chari
PS...wishing you the best with my book giveaway...I'll be announcing the winner tomorrow!

Valerianas Studio said...

Barbara, your displays are so awesome! A pleasure to look at them!

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

Your photo of children at the beach playing in the sand is beautiful! I'm so glad you found it for your project! Everything turned out beautifully!!!

Drawn to The Sea said...

What a pretty little corner... definitely the area of the store I'd be drawn to first!

Happiness,
~Julia