Monday, July 18, 2011

Fun Finds and Some Help

Aren't these cute stamps?
Over 25 years old used by local teacher.
The one on the bottom right says
'Felix's Magic Bag' whatever that means.
And then one poor ol' letter 'M' all by itself.
Look horrible, but still work great.
Did you notice how many negative stamps there are? =(
These are about 1 1/4" tall stamped and are available.
Fun hardware finds.
They are little twist locks I think.Wouldn't they be fun screwed across a piece
of wood to hang jewelry from?
New fun items from the store.
Tiny vials with watch parts in them. (vials only 1 1/4" long)
Have empty ones too if anyone is interested.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here is my need help question:

I have this sewing machine cabinet.

It has places for three drawers on each side.
I have placed some treasures in the empty spaces for display.
What I am wondering is, should I just take the drawer frames off??
They just unscrew from the base.
Can you think of anything to use them for?
On or off the machine?
Finally today, here is a page out of an old primer.
What do you think she's doing with that poor dog?
(click to see caption)

thanks all and blessings
barbara jean

8 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

Hi sweetie...I say take the drawer frames off ~ I've seen these used as side tables without the drawers! And as for the baby and puppy, I think she want's him to wait a minute so she can put his bib on him before he eats :) I'm such a hoarder though, I'd save those drawer frames....maybe you'll find drawers and can paint them all a soft white? xxoo, Dawn

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh wow, I love all these vintage treasures, Barb!!!
XO
Cindy

Crystal said...

Hmmm, I was thinking or your sewing machine.....I think I would take the drawers off, put them together then use baskets for storage or hang them all on the wall. Just an idea!

Into Vintage said...

I agree with Crystal -- if you take the drawer frames off, they look like they could make cute shelves to be hung on the wall and a great addition to a sewing room.

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

Hi Barb,
Thanks for stopping by. I just tried the linky on my blog and it seems to be working. Would love for you to join:)
~Debra xxx
Capers of the vintage vixens

P.S. Love those adorable stampers:)

Vicki said...

Hey there! I was given some of these old drawer frames. I use them in porch displays. I sit pumpkins on them in the fall. I use them to help give things height on the patio too.

Elizabeth Golden said...

Do you not have the drawers? I see them in antique shops all the time. I have several drawers I have picked up just because zi thought they were cool.
I agree that taking the empty drawer frame off that they would make an interesting shelf.

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I don't know why it would have a stamp that says Felix's magical bag but it comes from the old cartoon from Felix the Cat's magic bag of tricks....just thought that might help!