Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Sewing Treasures


so today we will take a closer look.
 spools of thread..as you would expect....
 some other little goodies...
an odd pin, some embroidery thread, and...
anyone know what those little spools of various threads are?
for travel maybe???
 buttons......1 card of black buttons.
 very old buttons.
 When is the last time you saw any for .08??
 and this is one of my fave parts....old needle holder packs.
This old Thriftway was made in Germany......


and this sweet one with the kiddies made in Japan.
There were 2 of these in the box...
 
and this one has every single needle and the needle threader!!
It is like new!!
So excited to have found these.

Well, that is my bits of pieces of red for Rednesday.
hop on over for more great reds.
Thanks for coming by.

Blessings everyone
barbara jean

7 comments:

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Hi there..how are you? Just saw your note and had to laugh...all my friends want me to stain a rolling pin for them, not bad for $1 eh?? Love this post,reminds me of my Mom..anything to do with sewing she just loved! x0x0

Createology said...

Your sewing box is quite the treasured find. How fun to acquire these vintage sewing notions. I can't think of much if anything 8 cents will be today.

marda said...

What a neat old sewing box. Yes I think those little spools of thread were from traveling/repair kits. I have a couple of those, but the thread wasn't on spools.. mine are a much later version.
Thanks for sharing.

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

I have ALWAYS been drawn to sewing thingys! Now I'm drawn to Vintage Sewing Thingys! Love,Love,Love your treasures AND all the details that made it So Much FUN!!!
Big Hugs to you,
Donna

ThreeOldKeys said...

oh, i love all of these! especially the kittens.

the 8-cent price tag is from JC Penney. when i was a kid we got all our fabric, patterns and notions from Penneys.

it recently dawned on me to scan some of my old needle cards and tags ... for the wonderful graphics. thanks for the reminder!

★Carol★ said...

Wow, all kinds of great treasures in that box! I never pass up old thread and buttons. Have you seen the cost of a spool of thread, or a card of buttons these days?!
Happy REDnesday,
Carol

Latane Barton said...

I just love old sewing things. I have a few myself and should look for more. Your collection is great.